Home Best Air Purifier for Mold Discussion & Guide
Landing on this page means you will b expose to home air purifiers that you can use for elimination of mold and mildew growths.
Useful links to navigate the contents on this page
- What is mold?
- Problems of molds?
- How to avoid mold growth in the home?
- Review of air purifier for mold growth elimination?
What is mold
Mold for starters, are a form of fungi that is they appear like plants but are neither plant not animals. Also, they are multi-cellular organism that grows in form of a threadlike structure called hyphae.
They are also heterotrophic and such cannot produce their own foods like plants but instead attach themselves to other organic/non organic substance for their nutritional need. This it does by secreting enzymes which break down the food substance into smaller and absorb-able molecules.
The substance could be in form of decaying food items, decaying fruits, moist walls or building items, cold clothes, wet and decaying wood, etc. So when you find a patch of gray/whitish threadlike fuzz on any of these items, you should realize that a mold is present. They come in varying colors too.
Problems of molds
- Molds thrive in warm and moisty environment and produce a musty smell which reduces air quality and may lead to disease when inhaled.
- They cause food spoilage
- Molds such as the Dry Rot Fungus, Serpula lacrymans, are highly destructive.
- Activities such as cooking, washing, leaks from taps, plumbing, water dripping from Air Conditioners, even air humidifiers provide a fertile environment for molds to grow
- Poor aeration leads to higher humidity or presence of water vapour which in turn leads to condensation and a thriving environment for mold growth.
- Molds disperse its tiny spores into the air as a form of reproducing itself. But these spores are so tiny that they can easily be inhaled into the lungs by humans;l. Its inhalation poses a risk of respiratory problems for humans.
How to avoid mold growth in the home
We have established that mold, though naturally occurring isn’t a welcomed phenomenon. They make your food items decay easily and gradually eat away at your properties. The spores too may lead to respiratory disease when inhaled, so there is a need to proffer solution rights?
- For beginners, you could keep your homes highly ventilated and avoid making it warm and moist
- Keep clothes, wooden items and other materials in a clean and dry place
- Repair all leakages and dry out areas after cooking or washing.
- Ultimately, get your home an Air purifier to automatically rid the air of mold spores that could land on items and start growing.
Review of Air Purifier For Mold Extermination
1. Oransi Finn HEPA UV Air Purifier
This air purifier from Oransi is economical and budget friendly as it is stylish, simple to use and very effective. It can fit perfectly into all rooms, silently working to give you a clean, fresh and healthier air quality. With this air purifier, mold spores and other air contaminants stand no chance.
- Comes with 2 extra replacement pre-filters. And the extended life HEPA filters are guaranteed to last you 1-2 years before needing replacement. The filters are also easily accessible.
- It provides a simple user interface and the setup isn’t complicated. Just plug and enjoy.
- Feature an unbeatable 10-year warranty with a promise of transparency when accessing this warranty rights by the manufacturers.
- It also features electronic controls with an in-built LCD display, a filter replacement/clean indicator and 3 fan speeds.
- It is energy efficient, drawing only 55 watts of electricity.
- Filtration systems include a carbon pre-filter and the main filter.
2. AC4900CA 3-in-1 Air Purifier with True HEPA Filter
This air purifier contains a load of functionality to keep your air mold and odour free. It features a 3-in-1 filtering system to make sure that 99.7% of air contaminants, allergens and dust are removed for your air, even those as small as 0.3 microns are eradicated.
The filtration system includes:
- UV-C Light (kills germs, mold spores)
- HEPA Filter (Captures all air pollutants, e.g. mold spores)
- Pre-filter and charcoal layer (captures odors)
- It has easy to use controls, runs on 3 speed fan settings; it is lightweight and good for small and medium rooms.
- The unit indicates when the filter needs replacement.
- 3-year limited warranty with a Voltage of 120V 60H
- A single filter needs to be replaced every 6-8 months depending on the use of the product
3. Oransi Max HEPA Large Room Air Purifier for Asthma, Mold, Dust and Allergies
This air purifier from Oransi is suitable for even larger living rooms up to 600sq ft. it is guaranteed to cleanse your air from Dust, Pollen, Mold, Pet Dander, and Allergens all the while working quietly in the background. Plus it is easy to use, carry around and operate; it requires no extra effort to access and clean the filter and the user interface is comprehensible.
- Filtration system consists of a Pre-filter, HEPA filter and Activated Carbon filter. Each of the filters is guaranteed to last up to 12 months. (Although the pre-filter should be cleaned in 2-3 months interval to ensure effectiveness)
- It is safe to use with babies and sensitive pets.
- Air Quality Monitor feature checks your air quality and adjusts the fan speed automatically to suit your need.
- Comes with a 10-year warranty
- Features a dust sensor, filter check/replace indicator, ozone safe negative ion, room air quality display and an auto mode
- It has been certified by ETL, GS, CE, and certified Ozone Safe by the California Air Resources Board.
4. Rabbit Air BioGS 2.0 Ultra Quiet HEPA Air Purifier
The rabbit Air is an amazon chose air purifier based on the high rating it has garnered over the years from customers. It is powerful enough to filter a room up to 625sq ft. twice in an hour while on the highest settings, without running up your electricity bill. Fights dusts, allergens, mold spores etc.
- Operates at five different speeds working quietly in the background
- Has a five-year warranty and 24/7 lifetime technical support
- It is economical since the Activated Carbon filters last up to three years and the pre-filter are reusable.
4 stage purification process:
- Pre-filter (it is permanent and can be washed)
- BioGs HEPA filter (traps airborne particles up to 0.3micron)
- Charcoal-Based Activated Carbon Filter (fight odors and chemicals)
- Negative Ion Generator (generates ions to secure and freshen indoor air)
5. Oransi OV200 Air Purifier
This is another air purifier from Oransi made for those are not comfortable with ionizer or UV-C lights filtration because of ozone creation. The filtration here involves HEPA filter and carbon filtration only which is just as active in removing 98% of mold spores and other airborne particles. It can conveniently cover a room up 400 Sq. ft. and fits into any room.
- ETL certified safe with 10 year warranty.
- Consumes only 60 watts of power, it is therefore energy efficient.
- It is easy to use and the filter can easily be accessed for cleaning.
Its remote Control features:
- Filter replacement indicator
- Child lock
- Air quality monitor
- 3 fan speeds
- Night mode
Mold spores can become a silent killer if ignored; you should not take chances with your health, food or household items. Purchasing any of the air purifier listed above will go a long way to keep your air safe and healthy.
Categorised in: Reviews