Looking for home air purifier for cigarette smokes or kitchen use? We can help you with best air purifier for smoke removal here.
Helpful links to navigate this page.
- Byproducts of cigarettes smokes
- What is an air purifier for smokes?
- Smoke air purifier comparison chart
- Reviews of best room air purifier for smokes
Byproducts of cigarettes smokes
What you may not know. A stick of cigarette contains among other ingredients such as nicotine which is a very addictive substance. Once an individual gets a taste of it, it becomes difficult to fight the craving and soon they become addicted.
Consequently, different studies conducted over the years have linked smoking to some serious diseases such as:
- Lung cancer
- Chronic bronchitis.
- Coronary Heart disease,
- Increased blood pressure
- Damaged blood vessels
- Reduction of blood flow to other organs in your body.
However, people who are already addicted to cigarette do not yield to the warning; neither does the constant reminder that they are exposing themselves to chronic heart and liver disease deter them.
The problem however is that non-smokers who are exposed to a continuous puff of the smoke are not spared from these health risks. They have a 30% percent chance to suffer some of the health hazard smokers are liable to.
Parent(s) or couples who smoke put their partner and children at risk. The atmosphere which is continually filled with dangerous chemical substance emitted from cigarettes overtime cause a problem.
And since it isn’t practical to keep leaving the house when other family member light up a cigarette, nor expect them to excuse you, there is a need to proffer a lasting solution to the problem. And this is where air purifier comes in.
What is an air purifier for smokes?
Air purifier is a device that cleanse or purifies the atmosphere. They remove dust, pollen and other contaminants from the air. But most importantly, they cleanse the air from all kinds of smokes helping to reduce the risk associated with second-hand smoking.
Air purifiers come in different shapes and sizes. They may come as a standalone unit placed in living rooms and bedrooms or as a component to be attached to the HVAC or AHU system in the building. Each air purifier uses different and unique methods to purify the air.
Even if you can’t do without smoking cigar in the home or office places daily, you can still take a bold precaution in getting rid of smokes harmful to others around.
To achieve this, we shall be introducing you to different air purifiers that are beneficial for the purpose of cleaning air off cigarettes smoke.
First and foremost, let’s introduce you to our smoke removal air purifier comparison chart.
Reviews of best room air purifier for smokes
Top 5 Best Air Purifier For Smokes Consumer Reviews
1. SilverOnyx Air Purifier with True HEPA Filter
Air Purifier with True HEPA Filter, Allergen and Odor Reduction, UV Sanitizer, Best Air Cleaning System for Allergies and Pets, Smokers, Cooking, 5-Speed Fan, Large Room 600 Sq Ft – Black
This three in one air purifier combines ionizer, UV sanitizer, and activated carbon to purify the air from smokes and other contaminants. Additionally, this model features a PM2.5 (particulate matter) sensor that automatically adjusts air flow to ensure the highest level of air quality.
- Removes all manner of air contaminants, not only smokes
- It is compact, convenient and portable to use
- Feature a display for the push buttons in other to access its other functions such as auto-mode, sleep-mode, on/off timer, filter replacement indicator, etc.
- It consists of five levels of filtration:
- Mesh ‘pre-filter’ captures hair and pet dander
- H13 HEPA filter removes 99.97% of dust and allergens
- Activated carbon filter removes odors, chemicals, and contaminant
- Anion generator releases negatively charged molecules
- UV-C light destroys microorganisms such as bacteria, and other pollutants
2. Levoit Air Purifier Filtration with True HEPA Filter
Levoit Air Purifier Filtration with True HEPA Filter, Odor Allergies Allergen Eliminator Cleaner for Room, Home, Pets, Smoke, Smokers, Cooking, Night Light, Compact
This is an Amazon bestseller air purifier with a high users rating. This unit effectively filters smokes, odors and contaminants from the air by engaging its different filtration levels.
The filtration is in three stages:
- True heap filter
- Activated carbon filter
The Levoit purifier removes up to 99.7% of smokes and contaminant that are as small as 0.3 microns. This makes it one of the best purifier for people with allergy and homes with active smokers.
Other features include:
- It does not utilize UV or Ions, an ozone producing substances which contaminate the air.
- It has (medium, high and low) speed settings so you can control the output for different conditions.
- Quiet operation
- Unique and compact size suitable for all rooms.
- It comes with 2-year warranty and lifetime support.
- Filter replacement should be done at 6 months or less interval; additionally, the plastic bag of the HEPA and charcoal filter should be removed before running the unit.
3. QuietPure Home+ Smoke Air Purifier by Aerus
If you desire an air purifier that is ultra-quiet with stylish, high tech and compact design, then look no further than QuietPure Home+ by Aerus. The unit is designed to clean up air in a room of up to 830Sq Ft in size and captures 99.7% of contaminants swimming around the air, even those as small as 0.3 micron in size.
Other features include:
- It filtration is in three stages such as pre-filter, HEPA filter and 4+lbs of activated carbon.
- Removes contaminants such as tobacco smoke, wildfire smoke, viruses, bacteria, dander and dust. While the activated carbon provides effective odor, chemical, and VOC removal.
- It features an auto-mode for automatic fan adjustment while the air in your home is made clean
- LCD display features soft-touch control for the unit.
- It is Wi-Fi enabled with an optional app to help you control the unit from your smartphones conveniently.
- It is certified by CARB (the California Air Resources Board).
4. Air Purifier for Heavy Tobacco & Cigar Smoke by Airpura
This is another clean air purifier specially designed for environments flowing with constant and heavy tobacco/cigar smoke. Places such as restaurant bars, public places, waiting rooms and even living rooms could do a lot with this Aipura air purifier. Its special filter is designed to trap tars in tobacco smoke, then filter and clean the harmful smoke.
Other features are:
- Filters an area up to 2000 sq.
- It features a Tar-Barrier filter that traps tars as a cigarette filter.
- Has filter chamber that are sealed with gaskets and the pressure allows all unfiltered to air pass through without leakage.
- It is made with metal housing to ensure that vapors are not emitted.
- In addition to smoke filtration, it sterilizes micro-organisms: mold spores, antigens and pathogens.
It operates quietly.
- The HEPA filter in it traps 99.97% of particles even those as small as 0.3 microns
Three filtration system as:
- Tar-Barrier Pre-filter – should be changed every 4 weeks in public areas.
- Carbon Filter (18. Lb) – should be changed at least every 3 months
- HEPA-Barrier filters should be with the carbon filter
5. Blueair Air Purifier with Particle and Carbon Filter
You can also choose this compact air purifier for medium to large rooms up 400 sq. ft. and 600 sq. ft. It has been simplified with a user friendly single control button for your purification needs. Its specially designed particle filter ensures up to 99% removal of air pollutants such as mold, dust, smoke, pet dander, pollen etc.
Other feature includes:
- Top rated for its quiet operation and energy performance
- It has three fan speed settings (medium, low and high).
- The activated carbon filter removes odour caused by smoking, cooking, pets etc.
- It’s pre-filter is washable and reusable. This saves you cost of replacements
- The official warranty on each unit is one year, but this can be extended to 2 years when you register the unit.
- The filtration Is also in three stage involving a prefilter, activated carbon and particle filter
Prevention is always better than cure. To protect you and family from harmful effect of tobacco smoke, the best practical solution is to get an air purifier running in your home.