Best Air Purifier for Pets Odors Removal Guide
For most people, keeping pets is an enjoyable hobby as pets are known to be faithful, amusing and offer a form of companionship. Children, adults and old people most especially keep a lot of them around. Pets like dog and cats seem to be the more preferred as they are more active and take a liking to their owners easily. Other pets include fishes, birds, rats, rabbit and more.
So, what are the benefits of keeping pets?
To Young Ones: For children, keeping pet makes them have a sense of responsibility and build one.
To Aged People: For the elderly, pets serve companionship functions. They fill the void of loneliness in their heart, giving something to do and talk with
Safety Reason: Pet like dogs help to warn their owners of incoming strangers. They are generally more security conscious.
Fitness Purpose: A means to keep fit. Dogs can be very active and playful and they lure you to play with them. You can easily take a stroll, swim or run with a dog, and inadvertently, you are exercising yourself.
Means of Happiness: Pets add life and excitement to the home. There is a form of joy derived from coming home to an excited and barking dog, or seeing the children excited over a dog, cat or any pet. One way or the other, there are health benefits to be derived therein.
The list is endless on the benefits of pets; nevertheless, it is important to note that there are some downside to this such as pet dander and pet odour.
What is Pet Dander/Odours
Danders are tiny shedding from animal furs or skin. They settle on items or float in the air and may cause reaction such as sneezing, coughing, itching and watery eyes. This is among the reasons why most people abhor keeping pets, added to the fact that dust, mold spores, pollen and other air bacteria can attach to their furs outside and may soon be dispersed in the air inside. Animal odour can also constitute a nuisance.
This shouldn’t stop you from keeping a pet, as fortunately a solution is at hand. Air purifier is an electronic device that cleans the air from all airborne particles including pet dander. However to help those looking for pets dander air purifier, we have review five different air purifiers to serve this purpose.
Best Air Purifier for Pets Odors Reviews
1. Mooka Compact Air Cleaner with True HEPA Filter
The Mooka Compact Air purifier has a round design for an effective 360 degree air intake and coverage. It is suitable for all rooms and actively filter odour emanating from cooking, smoking and pets. The filtration is in three stages including a True HEPA technology that removes air borne particles as small as 0.03 microns with a 99.7% efficiency. With all these features, keeping a pet can never be a bother.
Other features include:
- Wisper-quiet operation: You would hardly know that its working as it sucks in odour and air contaminants into its bottom where they are purified in different filtration stages and ejected from the top.
- It has night light functions for illumination.
- Easy to clean, made available by pressing the sensitive buttons on the purifier
- It does not emit ozone substances that are harmful to health.
- Warranty: 12 months warranty and quick 24 hours customer service response.
2. Alen T500 Designer Tower Air Purifier
For a portable, compact yet powerful air purifier, the Alen T500 is a smart choice to go for. Purported to cover up to 500 sq. ft. room space, this air purifier works to rid your homes from air contaminants and odours emanating from human and animal activities.
Other remarkable features:
- It is sleek and adaptable to your home décor as it offers 2 unit colors, 8 designer options and 2 style choices.
- It filters the air in four stages. The included OdorCell filter tackles odors head on; it does not mask it but instead breaks it down and neutralizes their smell.
- It quietly operates and directs clean and fresh air to all corners of the rooms, sucking up allergens, pet dander and neutralizing odor causing bacteria.
3. Hamilton Beach TrueAir Cleaner Purifier
The Hamilton Beach TrueAir air purifier features triple filtration technology to effectively eliminate pesky pet odors and dander. It comes with a permanent pre-filter that captures large particle of dirt and can be easily vacuumed. This gives it a budget friendly edge.
Filtration methods include
- Permanent Pre-filter
- 2 replaceable carbon zeolite filters
- and HEPA-grade filter
- Provides Air purification for room up to 140 sq. ft.
- It can be used vertically or horizontally.
- It works on three speed setting,
- Operates quietly in the background.
4. Alen BreatheSmart Fur Family Smart Bundle for Allergies
This product from Alen BreatheSmart air purifier is specially made for homes with pets. It comes with a filter customized for allergies, pets odor and dander elimination. And it can efficiently purify the air in a room of up to 1100 sq. ft.
- WhisperMax Technology for a quiet background operation
- SmartSensor Technology automatically adjusts the unit to changing air quality in the room. This helps to extend the filter life and conserve energy.
- Manufacturers offer Lifetime Limited Warranty for USA and Mexico only
- Unit is designed with panels (15 colours) that can be customized to suit any home’s décor.
- Four filter types are made available; they can be substituted according to oar purification needs.
- The contents of the package includes: Owner’s manual, Quick start guide, 2 HEPA-OdorCell filter and BreatheSmart Air purifier (120V model)
5. Winix WAC9500 Ultimate Pet True HEPA Air Cleaner
This is another pet friendly air purifier. It engages a five stage filtration process that clears the air of 99.9% of air borne pollutants like pet dander, allergens and odour of all kind.
The filtration processes involves:
- Washable Pre-Filter
- True HEPA 99.97% Effective Filtration
- CleanCel Anti-Bacterial Treatment
- Advanced Odor Control (granular carbon filter)
- Winix PlasmaWave Technology
- Auto-mode adjusts the fan speed to suit the needs of the room.
- SmartSensor feature also monitors the air around it to regulate it accordingly. Light sensor automatically adjusts the light quality in the room, especially at night.
- There is also filter replacement indicator to remind you when the filters need to be changed. However, for better performance of unit, it is recommended to change the filters annually.
Why purchase this air purifier?
The advanced Carbon filter is washable, to save you money from replacement. In addition, the pre-filter which helps to capture pet hair and larger sized airborne particles is also washable
Also the Plasmawave technology attacks bacteria and pollutants by breaking them down and neutralizing their odor.
Pets are wonderful creatures to have and keep. They add life and excitement into a home, although not with the attending problems of pet dander and odour amongst other disadvantage.
But if you are afraid of keeping one sure to fears of allergic reactions stemming from them, then fret no more because any of the five Air purifier reviewed in this article will help put your mind at ease and your family in good health.
Categorised in: Reviews