We can help you in decision making process when it comes to getting an air purifier for allergies.
Although allergies is not a death sentence but can hinder your normal daily lifestyle and that is why you need to find a solution to it.
Below are resourceful links to find the information provided here?
- What is allergen?
- How can you control allergic reactions?
- How air purifier benefits allergy sufferer?
- Review of air purifier for allergy condition?
People are different, as such react to external and internal stimuli differently. For instance, butterflies causes some to sneeze, while some can’t stand cats and others react to dust and smoke which may cause them to sneeze.
These are what we call allergies – when the immune system reacts abnormally to a stimulus. They are triggered by allergens (stimuli) and may manifest mildly or severely. Some allergic reaction are life threatening and may lead to such individual being hospitalized.
What is allergen?
Allergen is any substance, most times non-dangerous, that causes an individual’s immune system to react in ways that are not normal. This reaction may be typical to a particular individual even if they are not the only person exposed to the stimulus.
Allergen triggers include but are not limited to the following:
- Dust mites
- Pet dander (animal shedding furs)
- Pollen and Mold spores
- Some medications
- Venoms from insects or animals e.g. spider, bees, snakes etc.
- Food substance (Milk, protein, peanuts, egg etc.)
How can you control allergic reactions?
For starters, you should identify your allergy triggers and try to avoid them as much as possible.
If you are allergic to some food, avoid eating it or anything made from it.
If you are allergic to pets or animal dander, do not keep one and stay far away from them whenever you see one.
Stay in a well ventilated environment free of dust, mold spores and other contaminant that may trigger allergic reaction such as sneezing, cough and asthmatic fits. Since this is a more common allergic reaction, we would be dwelling more on it by introducing a lasting solution in form of Air purifier.
How air purifier benefits allergy sufferer?
An Air purifier is a device that cleans or purifies the atmosphere or air in a given space. They work to remove dust, pollen, mold spores, pet dander, smokes and other allergens from the air. Once these things are removed, allergic reaction becomes minimal and the general health is improved.
Further, we would be reviewing some Air purifiers, especially clean the air from allergen.
Review of best air purifier for allergies and asthma
1. Rabbit Air MinusA2 Ultra Quiet HEPA Air Purifier
This powerful air purifier is capable of taking care of all allergens floating around in your air with its 6 stages of air purification. Its customized filters can be suited according to your purification needs.
What’s more? It is stylish and aesthetic with artistic features to suit the decor of your rooms.
Other features include:
- Cover rooms up to 700 sq. ft.
Operates at five different speed and quiet at the lowest
Sensor automatically adjust LED lights in dark rooms
Child proof feature stops unit from working when it is opened.
It can be mounted or stand-alone
Warranty: 5-year with 24/7 customer service
It purifies the air twice in an hour
Its HEPA filter traps allergen and particles 0.3 microns in size at 99.97% efficiency
Six stages of purification:
- Pre-filter (washable and permanent)
- Medium Filter
- BioGS HEPA Filter
- Customized Filter (Germ defense, Pet allergy, odor remover, toxin absorber)
- Charcoal-Based Activated Carbon Filter
- Negative Ion Generator
2. Alen BreatheSmart FIT50 Customizable Purifier with HEPA-Pure Filter
Offering a lifetime warranty of constant high quality air, the Alen BreatheSmart is another Air purifier to go for. It is self-acclaimed to rid your air of airborne allergen such as pet dander, mold spores and dust.
This unit works by blowing air around all corners of the room before they are sucked back along with air particles/contaminants for purification.
Other features include:
- Perfect for room up to 800 sq. ft.
- The HEPA filter is customizable, having 4 different types to suit every purification need.
- Its design features 13 panel different color options to suit your home decoration.
- Its smart sensor automatically detects and adjusts the air quality in your home
- Also designed with WhisperMax technology for a peaceful background operation.
- It is Energy Star Certified, utilizing only 60 watts on highest speed and needing 120V power supply.
3. Blueair Classic 605 Air Purifier with HEPASilent Filtration
The Blueair Classic is unique from other air purifier in the market because it combines both electrostatic and mechanical filtration to produce a true HEPA filtration. With this, 99.7% of your indoor air quality is guaranteed.
This form of filtration also ensures lesser noise production, better energy conservation and non-emission of harmful ozone substance.
Other features include:
- Captures 99.7% of smoke, pollen, mold spores, dust, allergen etc. from your air in your homes.
- Appropriate for medium to large rooms between 700 and 800 sq ft.
- Technological advantage. The Blueair Classic is Wi-Fi enabled with a friendly app to help you control features such as: Fan speed, Power On/Off, set child lock and schedule night mode settings (e.g. dimming the LED at bedtime). Also works with Amazon Alexa and Echo.
- The Smokestop filter is an added option, though sold separately, for the removal of smoke, pets and food odors.
- It has been certified by authority such as the EPA Air Resources Board for ozone emissions and verified by AHAM.
4. AeraMax 300 Air Purifier with Large Room Allergy and Asthma 4-Stage Purification
This is another great air purifier to settle with in other to solve allergy problems. More importantly, the AeraMax 300 has a special mode built for cold and flu season; the feature makes the air purifier very active during these seasons to capture influenza virus before they cause health issues.
Similarly, its AeraSmart feature automatically identifies contaminants and purifies the air.
Other features include
- Comes with true HEPA filter with AeraSafe antimicrobial treatment for the removal of airborne particles that cause allergy reaction, even those as tiny as 0.3microns.
- It has been Certified asthma & allergy friendly by the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America
- Works great for rooms from 300 up to 600sq. ft.
- It filters the air in four stages, they include:
- Carbon filter for the removal of odor and large air particles
- True HEPA filter removes tinier air particles.
- The AeraSafe antimicrobial treatment prevents the growth of odor causing bacterial on the HEPA filter
Plasma true technology creates an ionized field which produces ion to further fortify the air.
5. Winix 5300-2 Air Purifier with True HEPA, PlasmaWave
The Winix 5300-2 is a highly rated air purifier with amazing features. Its three stage cleaning process ensures that 99.97% of airborne pollutants are destroyed, even those as small as 0.3micron.
It has been rated by CADR as suitable for rooms up to 360 sq. ft. and suitable for your kid rooms, baby nurseries, living rooms and offices.
Other features include:
- It has smart sensor automatically monitors and adjust the air quality in the room while The LED indicator displays the quality on a scale of good to poor (1-3).
- Auto-mode adjusts the fan speed to suit the needs of the room.
- There is also filter replacement indicator to remind you when the filters need to be changed. The carbon filter can be changed every 6 months while the HEPA filters may need annual replacement.
- Has 4 fan speeds (Low, Medium, High, and Turbo).
- The LED Auto Dim Feature adjusts the display light according to the amount of lighting in the room.
Feature three stage filtration processes:
- Carbon Filter
- True HEPA Filter
- PlasmaWave Technology (this feature breaks down the collected air borne pollutants without emitting harmful ozone properties.
Health is needed to enjoy every other part of living and for that reason, it cannot be compromised. And because our bodies are built to immune themselves against certain stimuli, it is our duty to ensure that we surround ourselves with health promoting devices one of which is the Air purifier.
This article has therefore delved much into that issue.